With the Shared Phidgets Toolkit developers can easily create new applications based on distributed physical user interface elements. These Phidget devices are USB components, e.g. servos, sliders, motion sensors, temperature sensors, buttons, LED, RFID reader and Text LC displays.
This page contains the documentation of the older version 2.0/2.5 of the Shared Phidgets toolkit. You can find the most recent version of the toolkit on the following page:
New Shared Phidgets Toolkit Version 3.0...
Download and Installation
The setup installs all required tools: Shared Phidgets server, connector and controller. The .NET components and interface skins are automatically added to a new toolbox in Visual Studio 2002, 2003, and 2005.
Recipes and How-To's
- Shared Phidgets: A Toolkit for Rapidly Prototyping Distributed Physical User Interfaces. Academic paper, Marquardt, N. and Greenberg, S. (2006), Report 2006-829-22, Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2N 1N4. April.
- Phidgets Inc. Here you can buy the Phidget devices. The user forum is very useful for new information about Phidgets.
- Phidgets USA
- Shared Phidgets Completed Features and Wishlist
- Shared Phidgets Bugreport
- Shared Phidgets Developer Page