iNetwork Toolkit is a library that simplifies message communication between processes running on the same or different machines, and even between Smart Phones and a conventional computer. You can use it to relay messages through a server, or even to create a server that acts on the messages it receives.
Download and Install
- Make sure that Visual Studio 2010 Professional or Express is installed.
Download and execute the Basic iNetwork Tookit Installer.
Note: The toolkit dll, executable tutorial codes and templates will be found in a folder called GroupLab iNetwork Toolkit, Basic in your Documents folder.
- Manually move the templates (2 zip files) from GroupLab iNetwork Toolkit to the VisualC# folder in the Templates directory within in the Visual Studio folder.
- Visual Studio Set-Up Using the iNetwork Toolkit provides instructions for how to create a basic client/server project using templates (see recipes below).
- Client and Server Template explains the code found in each of the templates (see recipes below). We recommend reading it before proceeding.
- Tutorial Examples section below teaches iNetwork programming by providing easy to follow examples.
For Advanced Developers
- The iNetwork Toolkit, Source is available for your perusal. Most developers won't bother, as it is not needed to use the toolkit.
New: iNetwork Workshop
Click here for a quick start + notes to use iNetwork.
Recipes and How-To's
- Messages - Sending and Receiving messages using the toolkit (communication between client(s) and server)
- ITransferable Objects - Sending and Receiving object types not supported by the Message class
- Incrementor -- multiple users increment a shared value
- Chat -- simulating an instant messaging environment with two or more users