The Collabrary is a library of COM objects for rapidly prototyping collaborative multimedia applications. Example applications include: media spaces, synchronous real-time groupware, community information spaces, computer vision applications, scripted image and video manipulation.
Note: The shared dictionary aspect of this system has been rewritten as .Networking; we highly recommend you use that instead. However, the Collabrary is still very useful for multimedia manipulation.
Tutorials and Examples
- FaceTracker (HTML) Demonstrates how to use the Collabrary.FaceTracker object
- PhotoCopyTest (VB6, ZIP) Demonstrates using the Collabrary.Photo.Copy method to crop images
- PhotoResizeTest (VB6, ZIP) Demonstrates using the Collabrary.Photo.Resize method to resize images. Also demonstrates how to get VB6 native pictures into Collabrary.Photo objects using the Photo.Paste method
- SharedDrawing (VB6, ZIP) Demonstrates how to build a simple groupware drawing program using the Collabrary.SharedDictionary object
- SocketDemo (VB6, ZIP) Demonstrates how to use the low-level Socket class provided by the Collabrary
- Video Demo 1 (VB6, ZIP) Demonstrates how to capture video frames and render them in a Visual Basic form, and how to read and write frames from .avi files
- Collabrary from .NET (C#, ZIP) Demonstrates how to use various Collabrary components from a .NET language
- Video Mirror shows how to grab and display video frames from a camera
- Web Image shows how to grab an image from the web and crop it automatically.