Android is an operating systems for smart phones and tablets, written in Java.
Download and Installation (install in this order)
Recipes and How-To's
How to create a new Android Project.
- File -> New -> Project -> Android Project
- Build Target
- 2.X is for smaller devices
- 3.X is for tablets
- Build Target: Android version to use
- App. Name: Name in Android
- Package Name: reverse.url.application
- Create Activity: Name of main class you want to create (do this)
Hello World Examples
- adb is a command line program useful for various interactions with your android device
- Located by default in Windows @ "C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools"
- adb logcat : gives you a realtime log of android activity (including application errors)
- Much easier to use with a better console application (like: Console)
- There is an Android GUI builder, located as a tab for each xml file, when using Eclipse.
- Use a real device instead of the emulator. The real device runs faster than the emulator. And, some people (including the writer) has experienced problems connecting the emulator to Eclipse on Windows.
- Matthew Dunlap
- Richard Fung